Monday, March 2, 2009

11.16.08 - My 7 Pet Peeves [freewrite]

1. When people type “…” on AIM. I’ll be having a beautiful conversation with a friend, and I’ll type something, and all they’ll reply is “…” Why don’t you just answer me instead of wasting my time, you jerk! Why don’t you just sign off in the middle of a conversation? Hell, why don’t you just come over to my house and punch me in the face??? I’d rather you punch out my teeth than have me look at those periods from hell. This might be the biggest pet peeve I have, and I’m getting really flustered about it.

2. People who chew with their mouths open. I’d rather listen to screaming babies.

3. President-Elects who steal catch phrases from Bob the Builder.

4. People who say “You know?” after every sentence. No, I don’t know, nor have I the previous twenty times you’ve asked.

5. Pretentious musicians who believe their generic noisemaking is “a new sound that will revolutionize today’s music.”

6. Awkward Turtle, for two reasons. Firstly, the situation was never awkward until you started making swimming gestures with your hands. Secondly, turtles are, in fact, outgoing and bubbly creatures that are fully capable of holding a meaning conversation.

7. Bill Lacy: he’s always copying my ideas.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

aww brendan dear, i wish i had known about your blog earlier!
love, hilary